This, we said, was our life...

This, we said, was our life...
We were alone one night on a long road in Montana. This was in winter, a big night, far to the stars. We had hitched, my wife and I, and left our ride at a crossing to go on. Tired and cold--but brave--we trudged along. This, we said, was our life, watched over, allowed to go where we wanted. We said we'd come back some time when we got rich. We'd leave the others and find a night like this, whatever we had to give, and no matter how far, to be so happy again. - William Stafford "Once in the 40's"

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Two Years

Das Leben as seen from this blog seems to be missing the entirety of 2011 and 2012. 

I think it is fair to say that I have made many a leap (some successful, some less-so), helped build a "functional family" of sorts (a big, red beard and a sassy, food-obsessed cat), fallen in love with the thrill of gardening and yard work, expanded my music selection so much that my mind has ever so slightly blown up, and continued to chug-along with studies and ideas of potential futures. Oh, I've also taken a fairly important role (Ms. Professor Shrader) in the eyes of over 200 college students (bless their souls, may they pass microeconomics).

While I have learned an incredible amount about life, it wouldn't be too bad if it were to calm down a bit. That said, more poetry and sky gazing is on the menu, as well as some Alaskan Northern Lights if I can do anything about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment