While researching GMO's today, I ran across a bill currently in Congress shortly called "the Food Safety Modernization Act of 2009". In the House it's H.R. 875. In the Senate it is S. 425.
When searching the internet about this bill, a lot came up about the bill to "criminalize organic/local farming," and it is said to be mainly backed by Monsanto.
As angering as this is, I would really like to see the facts of this and decide for myself what this bill is trying to do, so I attempted to read the text of the proposed bill introduced into the House and Senate. I suggest you try doing the same just to experience how nearly impossible it is to get a grasp on what is going on.
This system is built so that 99% of society has no idea what is going on, has no way of doing anything about it other than choosing which powerful wealthy person to have the title, and we must put all our trust into the wealthiest folk of the world that they will govern unselfishly.
This is ridiculous to believe that the wealthiest folk of the world are unselfish. There's an oxymoron.
Thursday, October 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment